i actually do not know if you can get “chocolate bananas” all over the world but if not you REALLY like REALLY REALLY miss something out!!! as i share this love with my mum and my boyfriend, i had to try something new to transform this tasty little pieces into some much bigger tasty pieces and i created the chocolate banana (spring) cakes.🍫 + 🍌 + muffin = the evidence of pure perfection. i love them! and this time i also tried something new!
💐 FOR 17 CUPCAKES YOU NEED: 💐
time needed: about 60 minutes
for the pastry:
- 2 bananas (300 g, minced)
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 100 g butter
- 100 g birch sugar (or normal sugar)
- 30 g cornflour
- 200 g flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 150 ml banana juice
for the topping:
- 400 g mascarpone
- 100 ml whipping cream
- 2 tsp. vanillin sugar
- stabilizer for whipping cream
- 30 g powdered sugar
- 150 ml banana juice
- 1 pack of chocolate bananas
- chocolate sprinkles
- first you have to separate the eggs. put the egg whites together with the salt and beat the egg white until stiff. time after time while mixing slowly add half of the sugar and mix until it is super stiff.
- then mix the yolk together with the butter, the rest of the sugar and the banana pieces for about 2 minutes until it is creamy.
- mix the cornflour, the flour and the baking powder together.
- add the yolk-mix together with the flour-mix, then add the egg white carefully.
- put everything into a muffin griddle and separate it evenly.
- bake it for about 30 minutes at upper/bottom-heat: 180°C, hot air: 160°C
- while baking you can create the cream. mix the mascarpone, whipping cream, stabilizer, chocolate sprinkles, powdered sugar and banana juice together (look at the informations on the packing of the stabilizer for the cream to use it correctly. for the stabilizer i use i have to first mix the cream for 30 seconds and then add it.)
- when the cupcakes are ready let them cool down for about 15 minutes. then add the cream to it. you can choose how much you want to have on your cupcake. i just love it when my cupcakes have a huge topping so they look special and tasty.
- cut the chocolate bananas into half and give your cupcakes the final piece to make them look perfect. tadaaaaaa:
i hope you like them. the people around me loved them so much i had to bake twice in a week haha.
see you soon,