i know that the pumpkin time is more than over but i saved some bits of the ones i got and create my famous pumpkin cupcakes when i have the time. every time i bake them the whole house smells like gingerbread and christmas love, how can you not want to try it by yourself ? in only 10 steps you can hold it in your hands. so here is the recipe. enjoy!
🎄FOR 12 CUPCAKES YOU NEED:🎄
time needed: about 50 minutes
for the pastry:
- 250 g pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 75 g sugar
- 100 g ground hazelnuts (or walnuts)
- 100 g flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. grated nutmeg
for the topping:
- 400 g whipping cream
- 2 tsp. vanillin sugar
- stabilizer for whipping cream
- 30 g powdered sugar
- small sugar decoration stuff (e.g. christmas trees, stars, small sparkling beads,…)
- first you have to separate the eggs. put the egg whites together with the salt and beat the egg white until stiff. time after time while mixing slowly add the sugar. at the end it should be so stiff that when you turn the mixing bowl upside down it should not fall out (try it at your own risk haha).
- then mix the yolk for about 2 minutes until it is creamy.
- the next step is to cut the pumpkin into very small pieces and add it to the yolk.
- mix all the dry ingredients together (ground nuts, flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, ground cloves, ground pepper, grated nutmeg) in a different cup and add it to the pumpkin and yolk. mix it all together.
- finally add the stiff egg white careful and slowly to the rest so most of the “fluff” stays alive.
- put everything into a muffin griddle and separate it evenly.
- bake it for about 20 to 25 minutes at upper/bottom-heat: 180 °C, hot air: 160 °C
- while baking you can create the cream. mix all the ingredients together until it is a perfect topping cream. (look at the informations on the packing of the stabilizer for the cream to use it correctly. for the stabilizer i use i have to first mix the cream for 30 seconds and then add it.)
- when the cupcakes are ready let them cool down for about 15 minutes. then add the cream to it. you can choose how much you want to have on your cupcake. i just love it when my cupcakes have a huge topping so they look special and tasty.
- and the last step is to decorate it with all the stuff you want. i used small christmas trees because they looked so cute!!! 🎄⭐️🎄⭐️🎄⭐️🎄⭐️🎄⭐️🎄
do not worry if you don’t have a pumpkin, i guess they taste nearly as good when you try it with apples. i also like to sometimes add less sugar so you taste more of the pumpkin and the spices. just find your right constellation.
i hope you like them as much as i and the rest i know does. have a great time until christmas. i cannot wait i love this time of the year. you will hear more from me now, stay prepared 🤗
lots of love, Jenny 💕